12 April 2013

Anniversary the 13th

Who says #13 is an unlucky number? It is not in reality. It has no scientific basis and completely unbiblical. Since I was small, 13 is known to me as freaky number. I can still remember how me and my silly friends scare each other with creepy stories associated with number 13. Funny right? But I noticed that it is normal for common people that, when they cannot explain things anymore, they weave funny stories in their heads to satisfy their silly queries. But hey, come on! Today marks our 13th year together. And it cant be a creepy, freaky anniversary for us. Not for anything blah blah but we don't believe in superstitions because we are Christians and we are definitely logical thinkers. You want to know definite answers about superstitions: Itanong mo kay Soriano.
 
 
Proverbs 19:14  Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent husband is from the Lord.
   
How can something so wonderful be a year of disaster and misfortune? My marriage is a gift and a very precious one. Anything from God is definitely a good thing. Today, I couldn't say much but thanks be to God for giving me the best person that suits my unpredictable and hard-to-handle personality. A person who can endure my unending whining, and can even smile when I am completely sure I maxed out his temper already. I love this guy so much. I am sure because I can take it if his mood swing is worse than mine, even if until now I can't say if he is frugal or big-spender, or fun-loving or boring at times, and that up to this stage I still cannot determine (in some circumstances) if he is joking or he is getting serious already.  Believe it or not, if you are in my shoes and you have no enough love for this guy, you'll surely go nuts and pack your things and get back to your Mum's nest. On the other hand, I am pretty sure he is feeling exactly the same way as I do hahaha!
 
Just like other couples around, we fight like siblings, we talk like bestfriends, mostly, we argue like normal husband and wife,  but the best thing that we do together is walk under HIS rules with all efforts and diligence. 
 
Now, how do we make today an enjoyable celebration? We decided to stay home after work, have fun reminiscing the 13 years that was over a bowl of chicken pork adobo, a platter of rice and a tall glass of avocado shake. After that, we will watch romantic flick to end the day. We dont feel like going out for a fancy dinner and exchanging expensive gifts. This has been our way eversince and being simple is really cool.  
Happy 13th year anniversary to us!

No comments: