04 June 2015

Farewell to you, Poppy

Dear Pops,

Bidding you goodbye is one of those bittersweet farewells in my life. However, it was a relief for you- at least. I have to be happy as well. We all felt a pang of torment when we witnessed you taking your very last deep breath. I adore you in a way, you held on for a long time and you were so strong all the time. I don't think I can do the same when my time comes. 

Oh, by the way, your lovely Italian roommate- Maria, was looking for you this morning. I told her you just moved to a different place with a different ambiance- somewhere more comfortable, bright and beautiful.She was always worried about you. I guess she will miss you bigtime.

I am an unfamiliar face to you. Your eyes were always closed all the time I went to look after you. But you, I know your face so much. I am pretty sure you were so pretty when you were younger. The lines that years has put on your small face was not able to conceal your angelic look. By the way, I saw you sweetly smiled once while you were sleeping so soundly. Were you having a lovely dream? Well, I guess so. 

You are now in God's hands and I am glad. No more pain for you. 

You will be missed, Pops. Until we meet again. 

Love, 
Erly


No comments: