21 February 2014

That Amazing "Isang Araw" (The Singapore Premiere)


(It's been days and I still keep watching the last weekend's event in my brain on a replay for a thousand times now. Up to this writing,  am overly happy/ excited/ amazed/thilled/ delighted/ amused/ starstrucked/ ecstatic/ elated/ gleeful/ gratified/ joyed/ thankful/ pleased.  whew! That Sunday was a blast. On that same day, I have been eyeing to cover  a very nice show and I  happen to like it so much because it only its a prestigious event, and interesting and unique, and it only happens every other year. I ignored it for something more prestigious, interesting, unique and far more worthwhile AND can only happen once. Loud and proud, I am telling the whole wide world that I just watched the most touching and enlightening movie ever last Sunday.  Whew!   Thanks be to God!)

For others, 16 February 2014 was just another dull sunny Sunday. Well, that was for them. That Sunday afternoon was more than special to us who live on this part of the world.  With immense pleasure, voluble eagerness and glowing pride, we invited close friend, friends of friends, relatives, workmates etc etc to join us in witnessing the much  anticipated Isang Araw Singapore Premiere:)  Who wouldn't be thrilled, anyway? It was not just all about watching the movie but, Mr Public Service himself, Kuya Daniel Razon was coming to grace the event.  I cannot express much in words how everybody was overwhelmed by his presence but I guess pictures can speak loud for us:) 

At the event proper 

These two happy people were just one of those lucky  ones who, unknowingly, managed to secure strategic seats  that enabled them have a closer and clearer sight of Kuya Daniel. Well, this doesn't happen all the time and not all gets the chance like this so they just enjoyed and grabbed the moment while it was there. (And, uuhhmm, yes I  got jealous when I saw them from afar while they took these photos :) )
Well, posing for photos is a default to all of us. Every time Kuya pays us a visit, I know he is ready to show off his sweetest smile because he knows that nobody will leave without striking a killer pose with him. I bet everybody shouted CHEESE! 
From different parts of South East Asia to the Fine City, they traveled all the way to join us witness the much anticipated pemiere night. Aside from of course getting the chance to meet us again and be able to watch the movie, it was Kuya's presence that they wanted to witness and experience. 
Nevertheless,  I had my own precious moment to treasure, too. I was tasked to interview Jeffrey Santos and of course, our beloved Kuya Daniel Razon. This doesn't happen everyday and not all is given the chance. The idea put a thousand butterflies in my stomach BUT I convinced myself to do it because the chance to talk to him face to face might not come again. It came to me as a very pleasant surprise. I hope I get surprises like this all the time. On that day, I just silently wait for instructions and I just wanted to do PA things but I got more than that and I am so happy and proud.  For those who photographed us, thank you so much and send me pictures please :)

At Local for the Spanish consultation and Good Morning, Kuya broadcast
Straight from last Saturday's Thanksgiving, Kuya went straight to the airport for his flight bound here. Then after landing on Singapore soil, they had a quick lunch and the whole crew went straight to Concorde Hotel for the movie premiere. Without any rest at all, Kuya was still able to go with Bro Eli to hold a Spanish Consultation for the brethren in South America. And he didn't stopped there. After the 4hrs-consultation, he was still able to appear in his morning show with the aid of modern technology. He worked more than 24hrs straight! Thanks be to God for the strength and power he gives him to be of service to us and to the rest of mankind.



The movie

It was in 2009 when Kuya Daniel launched his first movie Isang Araw Lang (One Day Only). And now, after four years the part two entitled Isang Araw (One Day) is finally released. As anticipated, this second installment is bigger and much more star-studded. It definitely exceeded viewers' expectations In terms of cast performance and use of advance technology in movie making. But all good effects and acting aside, the best and the selling part of the movie is actually about learning to be obedient to God at all cost (in its true essence). On the first installment, Kuya Daniel had so much to endure just to stand for what he knows is just and righteous. In part two, his suffering and hardship went up a level higher and he even almost crossed the thin line between evil and good. And my story ends here :) As much as I wanted to tell more, I can't. So, for those who have not seen the movie yet, sit down and relax and your turn will come.


All throughout the movie, the crowd reacted on the the scene as how the maker wanted them to react. They laughed on funny scenes, they cried when the thing turns dramatic, and they got carried away when it becomes action-packed scene. I believe Kuya was overwhelmed when the audience clap in between scenes. At the end of the movie, there was a standing ovation and a great round of applause which proves that everybody was stunned and moved. Two thumbs up! This film is highly recommended.

The News
Eager and proud, I am sharing to you all the news that was aired in UNTV's Hataw Balita and Ito ang Balita day after the premiere showing. I am moved by the reaction of the Singaporean and some fellow Filipinos who gave remarks about the movie. I am touched to hear people appreciate the message of the film. 


As Kuya mentioned, they are now in the process of creating the script for the next installment. Thrilled and all that,  I hope to see you all again in the next premiere :)

To God be the glory!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sobrang nakakarelate ako on this article...am still overwhelmed with last Sunday's event!....speechless and teary-eyed reading this (tears of joy, of course!)....sobrang Salamat sa Dios! :)

Unknown said...

Speechless and teary-eyed as I read this....am still overwhelmed with last Sunday's series of events and activities with Kuya Daniel.....sobrang Salamat ng marami sa Dios!

Unknown said...

Couldn't be more proud and
ever thankful for the chance
to witness the most sensible
movie watched so far...