23 June 2010

An Open letter to God

As I was spending my breaktime surfing the net yesterday afternoon, I visited my old blogsite where I have not written any new entries for a year or two. I run through each and every entry and I found this open letter of mine- for my God.

Dear  God,

All these years, i’ve been through a lot.. so much happiness, so much anger, so much sadness… and through all that time You were always beside me.. . You have given me the best things that i could have… even now that im hurting so much, i still thank you, Lord…  it came to me as a surprise, i never thought that i will be one of those few people that will experience this and will have this with me until the day i die.. i maybe crying now, but i assure Dear God that i accept it whole-heartedly.. i will always bear in mind that "all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose" (romans 8:28-29).

Help me God… ease my pain… for whatever purpose, i thank You for giving this to me…
You are one great God that gives your children the best. thank for this another gift of love to me… Thank you for i will be stronger after this storm… 

Love,
Me

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 11th, 2008 at 11:18 pm  

I wrote this two years ago. While reading, I became a bit nostalgic. The memory flashed back to me. I remember how I was so silent when they broke the news to us. I tried my best not to burst in tears. At that moment, I need to show strength and courage- amidst circumstance, others will not accept with a smile. After reading, I examined myself. Yes, I don't feel the pain anymore. 100% painless. Thanks God. This letter have reminded me on the reason why I am here now in the place where I refused to stay before.  Since I am becoming restless again, itching to go back where I really wanted to be, now my mind has been cleared of cloudy thoughts. I am thankful to see this letter one more time.

At this very moment, I have realized that I am so very susceptible and has tendency to forget important promises when circumstance don't favor me. Human nature, that is why- maybe. But I have forgotten that I don't have any rationale to use to defend what I want. God has plans for me, and all that happens is what He allows. 

From our last International Thanksgiving, we have learned that a true Christian will surely have a happy ending.

And happy endings are reserved for those that will endure the tribulations, trials, mockery and humilliations this world is giving. That is from this harsh world we live in. What more if I can withstand the seems-to-be-failures-and-heartaches that God is giving to me? Well, the choice is always mine. And I am choosing to be obedient- to best way I can. Help me God, I cant do this alone.

..... I love happy ending.
..... I want happy ending. 
..... I look forward to happy ending. 







No comments: