11 October 2010

I donated blood today! (10-10-10)

Yes, you heard it right! I have given off one pint of blood today. After several times of attempting to donate blood, at last, this time I finally qualified- and I am so glad.

So here's what happened on my first time: While i was lying there, I got annoyed waiting for the attendant to check whether on which arm she'll take blood. Why will I not get annoyed, she checked on my veins not once but maybe almost five times! I also got a bit confused and nervous because the two guys behind me in the queue was already done and they are still checking on me! According to the attendant, my veins are too small so they really need to check very carefully. Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore now. When she finally injected the needle, luckily, it was successful at first try.


Actually, I was a bit scared, too. But as what i always do in circumstances that makes my heart beat 100x faster than the normal rate, I thought about something else to divert my attention. Since the Blood Donation Drive was one of the activities for our TV program's anniversary, I thought about how the program will run  later since the last time we had this kind of activity was a big blast, it was pretty cool and enjoy! Hmm, well guys that is another story I will tell on my next blog.I am just sharing what i have thought so I wont have a faint heart as they draw blood from me.

Kidding aside, the reason why I am so eager to donate blood is mainly because, my preachers have taught me to do so. Giving blood will save lives. More so, I am not rich. donating blood is a no-cash-out act of extending assistance to others in need. It made me realized too, that as long as a person wants to help, there will surely be a way.

In the midst of my less sleep-and-not-so-stress-free life, just a tablet of GNC mega women a day will be great help so I can be a donor again. I promise myself that I will treat again my soul with this good deed after a three months, God willing.

So long, guys!








1 comment:

UNTV Taiwan said...

im glad you did it! donating blood is sharing life.